The Joint Forum of the Ghana Pentecostal and Charismatic Council (GPCC) and the National Association of Charismatic and Christian Churches (NACCC) on behalf of its over 400 denominational Churches have taken note of the President’s latest directives and ban on public gatherings in response to the outbreak of the COVID-19 in Ghana.
While commending government for the show of leadership so far towards this global pandemic, the two joint Church Councils also wish to offer our unflinching support at all levels to ensure that the directives achieve their desired outcomes in ultimately ridding Ghana of the disease. To this end, our support would be geared towards:
- Using this joint forum as a platform for mobilising millions of our members for a nationwide sustained public prevention awareness education on COVID-19 through all available means in spite of the suspension of Church activities.
- We encourage all Ghanaians and our members to join in prayers, as we invoke the power of God to intervene in the affairs of our nation in this moment of crisis.
- We urge members to as much as possible not panic and fear, but have faith in God that this situation will be under control, knowing that we serve a living God who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us.
- We also entreat all members to strictly adhere to the basic preventive measures put in place and practice social distancing.
- While observing the directives as issued, we entreat all our members not to relent in their responsibilities as Gatekeepers of our nation by uniting in spirit with leadership for sustained prayers to our God who is not limited by space and distance, for He will hear us and heal our nation from this pandemic.
- We further entreat government to provide the necessary logistics to our health workers to allay their fears and concerns.
- We commend our health workers for their selfless services to this national course. We assure them of our continual prayers as we trust God to grant them the grace to deliver as expected.
God bless our Homeland Ghana and make our nation great and strong.
Issued on behalf of the Joint Councils of GPCC and NACCC by:
Rev. Prof. Paul Frimpong- Manso Arch. Bish. Nicholas Duncan-Williams
(President, GPCC) (President, NACCC)
General Secretary-GPCC –Rev. E.T Barrigah (0242703772/0208232694
General Secretary-NACCC –Bish Dr. Gideon Titi-Ofei (0554332333)